05 February 2017

Winning

I'm back, bitches!


Friday was tough.  Cried at chemo.  Yelled at Doug (I know, right??).  Hollered at the dog.  Threw myself a pity party for one Friday night.  And then went to bed, determined to wake up Saturday morning and win.

And I did.

I was so goddamned cheery Saturday morning, Doug asked if I had a fever.

And then even though it was cold and damp, and my joints were screaming, I walked 5 miles at a damned good pace.

Then I kept a lunch date with my Survivor Sister, even though it would have been easier to just stay under the blankets.  Turns out pizza and laughter is good for the body and the mind!


And you know what?  It worked.  I got my mojo back.

So f*ck you, Cancer.  F*ck you ChemoPoison.  You don't get to cramp my style.  This bitch is back, and I'm winning.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes I can be so fickin' stupid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is Friday again and I'm thinking about you, Jen. I hope you have a break before the next bout with chemo--will watch for an update.

    Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete