13 April 2017

28% Done!

First of all, I guess I should clear up any confusion caused by my last post.  No, I haven't given up on chemo and dragged the rest of the Norvell Pack on an epic road trip.  (Seriously people, have you ever known me to give up on anything?????).   The whole "I told Doug to hook up the RV" was more .... shall we say ..... aspirational.  Oh, there will be a road trip, and it will be freaking epic (think: mountains, beer, dogs, and an RV) .... it just isn't happening for a few months/years/somethings.

In other news, my heart issues seem to have stabilized.  I still get the flutters, racing, and helium-head, but I've learned to live with it.   Oh, and I figured out that if I (listen to the doctor and) stay away from caffeine, the heart stuff isn't as severe.  Yeah, that's right, Cancer - first you took my boobs, then my hair and wine, and now you're taking away my coffee too?  Cancer is such an asshole.

Today marked Week 15 of chemo.

Despite the giant tube sticking out of my chest, I'm actually having a good day!

Which went a lot better than Week 14......

Do you think the Barf Bag company would hire me as a promotional model???


Anyway, today I am 28.84% of the way done with chemo (according to the geteasysolution.com anyway .... y'all know I don't do math).  But the real news is that only ONE of those 37 remaining weeks is a Triple Cocktail ChemoPoison week!!  Next Friday marks my last dance with devil!  All the other drugs and surgeries in my future are just a good excuse to use the free internet at the hospital.

Happy Easter or Passover or Spring or whatever floats your boat this weekend.  Don't forget to stop for a few minutes every now and then, take a deep breath, and appreciate all the beautiful things.

 





 









No comments:

Post a Comment