06 May 2017

The Grand Finale

On Friday, 5 May, I finished my last chemo cycle!!!  Tradition dictates that you ring a bell on the way out of the chemo clinic after the last treatment.  All the nurses stand around and cheer, and all the other patients in the clinic clap.



A little part of me is afraid I just seriously jinxed it, but whatever.  I also had my 3-month follow up with the surgeon this week, and after much feeling around where my boobs used to be, he concluded everything was just fine.  So between him and the Oncologist saying I am "cancer free", I'm just gonna run with that until I hear otherwise.

Doug and Sarah took me out for beers afterwards, and wow, did that IPA taste good!  Can you believe I drank two whole beers?  Doug said I was pretty funny after that.  Woo hooo - I'm a cheap date!!!


I'm not completely done with this cancer rodeo, but this certainly marks a turning point.  Everything from here is easy peasy compared to the past 6 months!

5 comments:

  1. Wahoo!!! Cheers and OMG I am so relieved for you, Jen. Let the celebration begin! I hope you are weathering this last "cocktail" of chemo fine and getting ready to enjoy your new pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! And thanks for all your support through this adventure!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Ring all the bells. I hope you are feeling great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I'm with you on this Tamoxifin thing. Not a big fan. Hate it, in fact. I'm going to just start blaming all my problems on that. :)

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. 4 years into my 10 year stent and anything and everything I blame on it. First 6 months on it can be rough, then it's just some pill you take every day. The swelling gets better with activity (thankfully).

      Delete