11 January 2017

AC ("After Chemo") #1

AC ("After Chemotherapy") Days 1-5
That photo pretty much sums it up.  That's me under the grey blanket.  That's my over-protective guard-dog/care-taker who insists on having at least one paw touch me 24/7.  Neither of us moved much the first five days after the first chemo infusion.  I did manage to go for a few walks around the campground, but a slow little stroll would knock me out for another 2-hour drooly, sweaty slumber, so it was a wash.

But today, I'm feeling a little stronger.  I actually checked e-mail and made a few work phone calls.  Went for a walk.  Just in time for the next infusion on Friday.  

2 comments:

  1. Sending hugs and strength. As hard as you work on a daily basis, you deserve the rest and the break. I know this isn't an easy process for you, but you are doing phenomenally! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, relentless. I wish it would get easier but I know it is the opposite. I'm so glad you have such inner strength and humor. Keep the TV off tonight--what is on is also toxic

    ReplyDelete